November 21, 2009

Otaku


Otaku, a Japanese word which describes people who like to hide inside their house, playing online games, collecting figures like Gundam, or playing their consoles game at home. They do not like to go out from their house, or perhaps their room. They spent most of their time in front of their computers and they can even forget to eat or bath because of playing games.

For me, i think i am a half otaku. I don't like spending most of my times in front of my computer, i don't like to collect any gundam figures either. But i like to stay inside my house. For example, when there are holidays, i would rather stay all day long inside my house rather than going out. Actually i don't think im really an otaku because i don't spend my time on gaming. Most of the time im doing housework, or rolling on my bed when im at home. This is because i like to stay at home. But some articles would say people who like to stay at home will have less communication with the outside world. They claim that when this kind of person walked out from the house, they cant survive in the outside world.

I won't say that it is wrong. but i will say that it is partially wrong. This is because, even though i stay at home all the time. I still can communicate with my friends using phones, hand phones or messengers and emails. But it is quite true that when people who like to stay at home go to the outside world will be hard to communicate with others. For examples. when chatting using phones or messengers i don't have to look at that person's face and i can tell he or she things directly without feeling the fear of having eye contact. But when in the outside world, it will become hard for me to chat with other people when looking right through their eyes, especially to girls. However, i still prefer being an otaku, hmm..i think no, i should call myself a half otaku. I just like the feel of staying inside the house. Home sweet home.^^

By Leong Shong Hon

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0