September 20, 2009

The Importance of Communicating

I was quite shocked when I attended last human communication class. We were having a group work which asked to do by our lecturer Mr. Murali. Milan went out to buy drinks for Mr. Murali so there left Sathia, Julien and me discussing about the work sheet. I cant recall what we were talking, but the conversation is something like this, Julien said she cant believe that Sathia can speak appropriate Mandarin. Then I said that Sathia already told everyone in the class she knows how to speak Mandarin, and that prove she is not telling lies. But Julien still resist believing what she said. To giving points to support her own statement, Sathia said that she studied mandarin since she was in kindergarten and she told out the primary school she went to. At that moment I stunned, I can’t believe that she was in the same school with me. Ok, the first story ends. After Milan was back, Julien and Sathia kept communicate using mandarin. When they said that Milan doesn’t know how to listen to Mandarin, Milan said that he went for Mandarin classes before but a long time did not practice and now not really understands again. And what I think at that moment was, wow, Milan went to Mandarin classes before, cool!


The point of telling these stories actually is I want to say that human actually needs a lot of communications. Because communications can bring us a lot of information no matter it is useful or not. It is proven that communication may also bring us information that surprises us, such as the story of I stated above. If we did not sit down and talk to each other, we won’t know that Sathia really know how to speak mandarin well. I won’t know that she was actually studying in the same school with me while we were in primary. And we won’t even know that Milan went to Chinese classes before.


This is why communication stands an important role on our daily life.


composed by Leong Shong Hon

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0