September 26, 2009

Masks of communicating


It has been a tough day today. It’s because of the replacement of the hari raya. As usual I went to college, but today’s car park was empty, so do the college corridor. What I mean is when I first arrived at the morning of the day. Today’s class ends at five o’clock. Next replacement will also end at the same time. Oh my gosh!!! Just now went to Jalan Ipoh for dinner with my brother, after that we went to One Utama just to have the favorite bubble tea of my brother as a dessert. We took almost four hours for just a dinner and also the dessert session. While we were window shopping at 1u, my phone rang. The number was my dad’s hand phone number. So I change my tone to a more respect way and said hello to my dad. And he asked me where my brother and I were, I asked him why he called and asked such question. But he did not answer and he kept asking. So I was forced to tell him I was in one utama. Just after I said then the voice from the other side of the phone changed to another tone which is a softer voice. Just when I felt curious then the voice said that it was my cousin. At that moment, I changed my tone again from respect to a more relaxing tone.



Actually why I’m telling this, it is because I want to say that we actually wearing different masks when we facing different people. Like my example, I talk to my father with a more respect way but when I talk to my cousin I will use a lighter tone. This happens also when we talk to our teachers, relatives, friends and also to our enemies. It is very common. Before I came to HELP, I never know that teachers actually can be so close to students. Along the HELP corridor, there are lecturers sitting down chatting with the students, there are also lecturers kidding with students while having class. This proves that lecturers are not just having the serious side, they can also be friendly after class. Like me, I will be more talkative when I’m with my friends rather than being with my family members. When I’m facing people who I don’t really like them, I won’t disconfirmed them, but I will immediately putting on another mask to avoid them realizing my true feelings towards them. It is actually good for me when wearing mask to face people, this can avoid a lot of problems happening.


By Leong Shong Hon


0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0