September 13, 2009

The Tales of Secrets and Cigarettes.


My dad once asked me if I have 'cigarettes' and I understood as do I have any secrets. My obvious answer was yes i do keep secrets. Bam!!! Till date, I'll never forget that slap which was planted on my rosy cheeks. Ambiguity or ambiguous message ; words with different meanings. Ever said ' I miss you' to a friend and got the message wrongly interpreted or sent an emoticon which was understood wrongly. I'm sure many of you have experienced this. There are three main ambiguity known :
  1. Referential Ambiguity = When it is unclear what a referring expression is referring to. For example, Alice hit Jess and she bled. Who bled? Alice or Jess! This is referential ambiguity.
  2. Syntactic Abiguity = When the grammatical structure of the sentence has different meanings. For example : We shall be discussing violence on school. This could be interpreted as discussing the topic violence at a school or discussing violence that happens at school.
Therefore it is important that ambiguity is avoided. One possible way is to ensure that your message is received fully and accurately. One fine day , after a late night out imagine telling your dad that you drank. After receiving that smack, do tell him that all you rank was coke. I suppose this is message overload for you guys so till the next time adios , sayonara and goodbye.













Posted by : Milan

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0