October 10, 2009

The power of communication

Recently CY had talked a lot with me, encouraging me doing things that i don't used to do, encouraging me to do things that i would not think of doing in the past. Furthermore, she asked me to join some activities that i would never think to participate before. She even pointed out what actually my problem is. I think that is why we need a friend around us who we really can talk to.

The next day after the conversation, I had a presentation. As usual, i felt nervous. One of the buddy practice my talk with me in the DSA, pointed out which part of my speech i should do more effort in order to improve, before i go out and do the presentation, he gave me some moral support. After the presentation, i get praises from my friends and also the lecturer, I don't know was that just to comfort me or they are talking the facts. But what I am sure at that moment was, I felt happy when i heard that, and i felt more calm before i did the presentation. Although i said thanks to them for several times, but i don't mean just simply saying that, i really mean it.

Actually what I am trying to say is, a simple conversation actually contains of some kind of power, it can make oneself feel happy, sad, nervous and so on. It also can build up a person's confidence, and also comforting people when they feel bad. A simple conversation also can make people feel relaxing, feel comfort. But what I want to say is, we have to really beware of people who we are talking to. Sometimes there are people who doesn't really trustworthy, they give out negative powers. they influence our emotion and might make us feel inconfidence. To conclude, I would like to say that, the power of communication will really bring benefits but also will bring disadvantages. We must always beware of what we say.

By Leong Shong Hon

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0