October 17, 2009

A type of non-verbal communication

The non-verbal communication I would like to say in today’s blog is dancing. Actually dancing is also a type of communication. For example, people who do break dance which is also known as the bboys, they don’t actually talk much, they have their very own hand language when they are dancing with each other. There are a lot of competitions all around the world, when Korean go to Japan, they do not know how to talk Japanese, but this doesn’t affect them when they dance, because when they dance, the Korean can use all their body language to talk with the Japanese, such as using hand language of the Bboys insulting the competitor or praising they have great moves. Other than that, when one people dance with another people, they can actually feel how the person think of them. And this situation mostly happens to ballroom dance dancers. This is because mostly when doing ballroom dance, guys can invite a girl as their partner to dance, and normally guys will invite girls that they like or they hope to couple with to be their partners. Other than that, like the Sarawak people, they dance when they are celebrating the festivals, based on the spears and the equipment they hold, even thought the dancers did not say, but the crowd can easily know that they try to perform and paying respect to the warriors that use to sacrifice to their tribe before. For me, sometimes when I don’t feel like talking to my brother, also I will use dancing language trying to tell him what I am thinking. But I dance street dance, mostly street dance hand sign and languages are insulting people, so I don’t usually show to my friends, if next time I do this kind of moves to people around college, this really means that I am really in an angry mood.^^

By Leong Shong Hon

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0